Infos for Erstis HERE
Welcome to the website of the Department of Geography at the Institute of Geography at the Universität Bonn.
Here we want to give an overview of our numerous activities and offers. You will find an overview below, but also a look at the menu with its numerous subitems is worthwhile!
Strictly speaking, the “Fachschaft Geographie” is the name given to all students enrolled in the major subject of geography. Normally, however, the representatives elected by the students (“Fachschaftsvertretung”) of a degree programme are called this. The representatives, usually elected for one year in July, are responsible for organizing the student representation at GIUB.
These elected representatives are supported by numerous other geographers who, for example, organize events or represent our student interests in committees. If you would like to organize a trip, a party or something similar, or if you would like to stand up for better teaching or better equipment in the institute and faculty committees, please contact us or come and visit us.
- Representation of your interests in commissions Kommissionen
- Study and first semester advice
- Organization der of the freshmen’s introduction & geo-parties
- many more small events
We are also available during opening hours (in the semester Thy & Thu from 11-13) for the following things:
- Lending of exam and examination protocols
- Sale of scripts
- Administration of printer accounts for the C-Pool
The degree Bachelor can be obtained in the following courses of study:
The Institute of Geography offers a total of five master’s programmes.
- Master of Science Geography
- Master of Education Geography
- Master of Science Conservation and Landscape Ecology (NaLa)
- M.Sc. Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security
- Master’s Degree Programme Disaster Prevention and Disaster Management
In addition to the above-mentioned information and offers, we offer in our answers to important questions. In our link collection you will find several helpful links. F.A.Q. answers to important questions. In our link collection you will find several helpful links.
Furthermore we maintain five mailing lists. They will keep you up to date on what the student council is doing and what is happening at the institute, or you will regularly receive fresh information on geographically oriented internships and job offers.
For geographically relevant conferences we also offer a sponsorship for the students of the GIUB.