A. Student body
B. Bodies of the student body
C. Economic and financial management
D. Final provisions
As part of the student body of the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn (in the following RFWU Bonn) and in exercise of its right to self-administration, the Geography Student Council at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has adopted the following statutes.
A. Student Council
§ 1 Definition and legal status
(1) All students who are enrolled in
“B.Sc. Geography.” “M.Sc. Geography.” “M.Sc. Disaster preparedness and management.” “M.Sc. Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security.” “Promotional Developmental Geography”, “Promotional Geography”, “Promotion of Historical Geography”
are enrolled in the main subject at the Rheinische Friedrichs-Wilhelms-University of Bonn, form the Geography student council, as well as all future courses of study within the council (refer to the “List of student councils” of the FKGO).
(2) The student council shall perform all tasks within the student body that concern it and shall represent, within the bounds of its possibilities, the interests of the students who are enrolled in
“B.A. Geography.” “Bachelor’s degree in geography”, “Master Teaching Geography”, “M.Sc. Conservation and Landscape Ecology”
are enrolled in a minor subject, second subject, accompanying subject or in courses of study cooperating with other institutions
§ 2 Organs of the student body
(1) The student council expresses its will through its organs and their election.
(2) The organs of the student council are:
the Student Council Representation (FSV) the student council/board of the FSV (FSR) the General Assembly of Student Representatives (FSVV) the technical committees (FA) the General Assembly of the Faculty of Studies (SFVV)
(3) The term of office of the organs listed under § 2 para. 2 nos. 1 and 2 shall be one year. Until the election of new members to succeed them, the members of the organs concerned shall remain in office provisionally.
§ 3 Common Tasks of the Bodies FSV, FSR and FA
(1) The FSV, FSR and FA bodies shall promote political education, civic responsibility of the members of the student body on the basis of the constitutional order. They represent the higher education policy interests of the student body and comment on higher education policy issues. A general political decision-making process that goes beyond the tasks of the FSV and FA takes place in the student associations of the university.
(2) The FSV, FSR and FA are involved in the professional and organizational design of the degree program and represent the interests of the students (the student body) vis-à-vis RFWU Bonn in a wide variety of committees.
(3) The FSV, FSR and FA are jointly responsible for the organization of events to introduce and network the student body represented by them.
(4) The FSV, FSR and FA use their capacities to promote the networking of geography students at conferences and in associations, in particular within the framework of GeoDACH and federal student council meetings of the geography students’ councils.
B. The organs of the student council
I. The Student Council Representation (FSV)
§ Section 4 Legal status of the FSV
The FSV is the highest decision-making body of the student body at the faculty. (§ 77 S. 2 HG in connection with § 27 III SSt)
§ 5 Composition and meeting of the FSV
(1) The FSV consists of the following number of members:
for up to 500 members of the student body 7 members up to 1000 members of the student body 11 members 15 members for up to 2000 members of the Fachschaft with more than 2000 members of the Fachschaft 19 members.
(see § 27 paragraph 1 Statutes of the student body)
(2) The FSV shall hold a meeting of the FSV at the invitation of its Chairperson:
in principle once a week in public session during the lecture period, outside the lecture period at least every three weeks, by his own decision,
and if so:
the FSVV, an FA, an SFVV, 5% of the members of the student council
request this in writing, stating the agenda items to be dealt with.
The FSR chairpersons shall draw attention to the meeting of the FSV meeting in the form of a written public announcement via a suitable digital medium.
(3) The elected members of the FSV are basically required to participate in the meetings, unless they are excused with good reason. The content of confidential discussions shall be kept secret.
(4) The FSV shall be obliged to take minutes in writing during the meetings.
(5) The rules of procedure of the student parliament shall apply accordingly to the FSV, if applicable, unless it adopts its own rules of procedure.
§ 6 Election of the FSV
(1) The FSV shall be elected annually by the members of the student body by universal, direct, free, equal and secret ballot.
(2) The election shall be prepared and conducted by the Election Committee.
(3) At the earliest on the 5th day and at the latest on the 14th day after the last day of the election, the election supervisor shall convene the constituent meeting of the newly elected FSV and shall chair it until two chairpersons with equal rights have been elected. Gender parity in the filling of offices and the preparation of the election list shall be striven for.
(4) The invitation to the constituent meeting must be sent to all elected FSV members 7 days before the scheduled meeting.
(5) The details are determined by the student council election regulations.
§ 7 Tasks and competence of the FSV
(1) The elected members of the FSV elect the chairmen and the financial officers of the FSR.
(2) The FSV meeting elects all other members of the FSR.
(3) upon proposal of the FSF, the members of the FA concerned.
(4) The FSIO meeting elects the cash audit committee.
(5) The FSC meeting elects the election committee.
(6) The FSIO meeting decides on the budget.
(7) The FSIO meeting shall decide with the majority of its members present on the political and financial discharge of the Executive Board of the FSIO and the financial advisers. The financial discharge cannot be refused if the cash audit does not reveal any inaccuracies. The discharge must be requested by a member of the FSV. Financial discharge can also be requested by the cash auditors. On request of a member of the FSV, an individual discharge must be carried out.
§ 8 The Executive Board of the FSV and its tasks
(1) The offices of the executive committee are congruent with the offices of the FSR. The exact composition is explained under §14.
(2) The election of the executive committee is congruent with the election of the FSR. The exact election procedure is clarified in § 15.
(3) The tasks of the executive committee are congruent with the tasks of the FSR. The individual tasks are presented under §16.
§ 9 Resignation, exclusion and replacement of members
(1) A member resigns from the FSV
by resigning his seat, by exmatriculation or by transfer to another major subject, by final disciplinary action, by death.
(2) The exclusion of a member of the student body from an FSV meeting shall be carried out in accordance with the provisions on disciplinary measures in the current rules of procedure of the student parliament: “§ 37 Exclusion from the meeting: If an SP member has been called to order three times during a meeting and the second time the consequences of a third call to order have been pointed out, the SP spokesperson* shall exclude the person from the meeting.
(3) If a vacant seat is filled again, persons can move in until the list of candidates is exhausted.
§ 10 Decisions of the FSV
(1) All members of the Geography Student Union and the co-represented minor subjects mentioned in §1 paragraph 2 have the right to speak.
(2) All members of the geography student council and the co-represented minor subjects mentioned in §1, paragraph 2 have the right to vote and to make an application at an FSV meeting.
(3) Upon application of an elected FSV member, a vote shall be held among the elected FSV members on exclusion of the public. This request shall always be granted. If a simple majority vote is taken for the exclusion of the public, all persons who are not elected FSV, FSR and FA members or office holders elected by the FSV meeting, representatives and deputies of the student body in commissions/AGs/conferences must leave the room.
(4) Upon request of an elected FSV member, a vote shall be held among the elected FSV members on the restriction of those entitled to vote to elected FSV, FSR and FA members as well as holders of offices, representatives and deputies of the student body elected by the FSV meeting in commissions/AGs/conferences. This request must always be granted.
(5) Only elected members of the FSV have the right to vote and to make an application at a meeting for the election of the chairmen and financial officers of the FSV.
(6) A resolution has come about lawfully, if
the FSV had a quorum, and it has found the simple majority, unless the statutes require otherwise.
The FSV shall be deemed to have a quorum until, upon request of a member of the FSV, the chairman determines the opposite.
(7) The quorum shall be established immediately upon request. It is given if at least 4 persons of the student body and at least 3 elected FSV members, thus a total of 7 persons, are present. An objection to this motion is not possible. The FSV chairmen check the quorum by calling by name.
(8) If there is no quorum, a second meeting with the same agenda must be convened after 14 days at the latest. The normal time limits for summoning meetings shall be observed. The invitation must expressly state that this meeting constitutes a quorum regardless of the number of members present.
(9) FSV decisions of the current and last meeting period can be cancelled by decision with a two-thirds majority of the elected members of the FSV. Decisions of further past meeting periods can be cancelled by a simple majority of the elected members of the FSV.
§ 11 Committees of the FSV
(1) The FSV meeting elects the members of the electoral committee, as well as the chairperson as election supervisor and the deputies by a majority of the members. It is the task of the Election Committee to create the conditions for a smooth running of the election as well as a high turnout. Further details are regulated by the student council election regulations of the autonomous student council department of the ASTA of the RFWU Bonn.
(2) The FSV meeting elects two auditors as members of the Audit Committee by a majority of its statutory members. The auditors must be members of the student council. The office of cash auditor is incompatible with an office in the FSR. The cash auditors check the proper cash management of the financial year for which they were elected and report to the FSV meeting on the results of the audit in a timely manner.
(3) If one or more FAs are provided for and elected, a task distribution and budget committee shall be constituted immediately. This committee shall be composed of the chairpersons and the financial officers of the FSR and the chairperson(s) of the FA. A financial officer of the FSR chairs the meeting and constitutes the committee. The committee decides on the draft budget and the distribution of tasks between the FSR and the FA by qualified majority, provided that the chairpersons and the financial officers of the FSR vote by majority.
§ 12 Lecture-free period
The regulations on the FSV also apply during the lecture-free period.
I. The Student Council (FSR / FSV Executive Committee)
§ 13 Legal status of the FSR
The FSR represents the Fachschaft and manages the affairs of the Fachschaft under the direction of its chairperson.
§ 14 Composition of the FSR
(1) The FSR consists of up to 9 members
(2) The FSR consists of:
two equal chairmen, two financial officers of equal standing up to two equal speakers*, up to two secretaries of equal standing, and at most one other member. If the offices of spokesperson* and secretary* are not or only partially filled, the number of possible additional members shall be increased by the number of offices remaining vacant.
§ 15 Election of the FSR
(1) The FSR chairpersons and the financial officers are elected individually at the constituent meeting of the elected FSV members. At the request of an FSV member, the election shall take place secretly. An objection against this request is not possible.
(2) All other members of the Executive Board shall be elected individually at the FSV meeting. Upon request of a member of the student body the election shall take place secretly. An objection to this request is not possible.
(3) The FSR chairmen and financial officers to be elected must be elected members of the FSV at the time of their election. The chairpersons must study one of the subjects whose students are represented by the student body in the main subject. Other members of the FSV Executive Committee may study one of the subjects in their major or minor subject.
(4) If there are no candidates for the offices of spokesperson and/or secretary among the members of the elected FSV members, a simple member of the student body may also be elected to this office.
(5) A two-thirds majority of the elected members of the FSV present shall be required for the election of the Executive Board. If no candidate receives the necessary number of votes in the first ballot, a second ballot shall take place immediately. If also in this ballot no candidate receives the necessary number of votes, the candidate who receives the simple majority of votes shall be deemed elected in the third ballot. During an election with several rounds of voting, new candidates may only be proposed for the electoral list if a simple majority of the members present agrees to a proposal to open the electoral list.
(6) Members of the Executive Board may resign at any time. They are, however, obliged to continue the business until a successor* is elected. If, according to the decision of the FSR chairperson, there is to be no successor in this office, the referee* must duly complete the office within three weeks if possible. If a member of the executive committee resigns, the FSV shall immediately elect his/her successor. For this purpose, invitations must be issued in accordance with § 6, para. 4.
(7) The FSV can only vote out the FSR chairmen by means of a constructive vote of no confidence. For this a two-thirds majority is required.
§ 16 Tasks and responsibilities of the FSR
- The secretaries shall be responsible for drafting the minutes of the meeting. They may appoint a member of the student body to take the minutes in their place. The secretaries are responsible that the minutes of the FSV-meeting will be sent in digital form to the members of the FSV one week after the meeting. The minutes shall be accompanied by an attendance list of the respective FSV meeting.
(2) The secretaries shall be responsible for the coordination of internal and external student council communication.
(3) The spokespersons are responsible for the general representation of the student body towards the students and in the committees of the university.
(4) The minutes shall be dealt with in the following meeting. If there are no objections, the minutes shall be deemed accepted. Every member of the student council has the right to make a statement on the minutes.
(5) The meeting times will be announced at the beginning of each semester for the lecture period and will be sent to all FA and FSV members. The provisional agenda must be sent to all FA and FSV members 4 days before the meeting and must be posted publicly.
(6) The chairmen of the FSR shall determine the guidelines of the work of the FSC and shall be responsible for it. Within these guidelines, each speaker is responsible for his or her area of responsibility to the chairpersons of the FSR and the FSIO. The FSR chairpersons shall, upon request during FSV meetings, give a report on the current state of the work of the student council.
(7) The presidents of the FSR shall object to decisions, omissions or measures of the FSV, the FSVV, as well as a FA, or SfVV, if they violate applicable law.
III. the General Assembly of Student Representatives (FSVV)
§ Section 17 Legal status of the FSVV
The FSVV, which consists of all eligible to vote members of the Geography Student Union, is the decision-making body of the Student Union.
§ 18 Convening and implementation of the FSVV
- The chairpersons of the FSR shall convene the FSVV: upon decision of the FSVV meeting
upon written request of at least half of the members of the FSV
upon written request of at least 5% of the members of the student body, provided the request contains an agenda.
(2) The announcement of the FSVV shall be made publicly in an appropriate form at least two weeks before its implementation. The announcement shall contain at least
the exact time and location of the FSVV, and their agenda.
(3) The FSVV shall elect a chairperson at the beginning of each meeting.
(4) For the FSVV § 7, para. 7 shall apply accordingly.
§ 19 Decisions of the FSVV
The decisions of the FSVV bind all organs of the student council. The FSVV is only quorate if at least 10% of all statutory members of the FSVV are present. Decisions of the FSVV can only be revoked by another FSVV with the corresponding majority. The convocation of this following FSVV shall be in accordance with § 18.
III. the General Assembly of Study Subjects (SfVV)
§ Section 20 Legal status of the SfVV
The SfVV, which consists of all members entitled to vote in the respective subject, is the decision-making body of the members of the subject.
§ 21 Tasks of the SfVV
It may decide by simple majority to set up a committee of experts for its subject. In this case, it shall appoint up to 5 candidates from its members for the election of the expert committee by the FSV.
§ 22 Convening and implementation of the SfVV
(1) The chairmen of the FA, otherwise the chairmen of the FSR convene the SfVV:
upon resolution of the FA, upon written request of at least 5% of the members of the subject area, provided that the request contains an agenda
(2) The announcement of the SfVV shall be made at least two weeks before its implementation. The announcement shall contain at least
the exact time and location of the FSVV, and their agenda.
(3) The SfVV elects a chairman at the beginning of each meeting. The chairperson of the meeting informs the FSR chairpersons about the candidates for the election of the FA. (1) (1) The SfVV elects a chairman at the beginning of each meeting. The chairperson of the meeting informs the FSR chairpersons of the candidates for the election of the FA.
(4) For the SfVV § 7 paragraph 7 applies accordingly.
§ 23 Resolutions of the SfVV
The SfVV only has a quorum if at least 5% of all members of the SfVV according to the statutes are present.
IV. The (Study) Expert Committee (FA)
§ Section 24 Legal status of the FA
(1) The FA represents the members of the respective subject within the department vis-à-vis the professorial staff and the university.
(2) In all other respects, the FA shall represent the members of the respective subject and shall conduct their business under the direction of its chairperson, provided that the FA has been granted further powers of representation and management by the Task Distribution and Budget Committee.
§ 25 Composition of the FA
(1) The FA consists of up to 5 members.
(2) The FA consists of
two equal chairmen and a maximum of 3 other members
(3) The FA shall meet:
during the lecture period in principle every two weeks in public session by its own decision Having regard to the decision of the FSV meeting
(4) The meeting of the FA shall be announced in writing by a chairman.
(5) The members of the FA are generally required to participate in the meetings, unless they are excused with good reason. The content of confidential discussions must be kept confidential.
(6) The FA is obliged to keep minutes of the meetings.
(7) The rules of procedure of the student parliament shall apply accordingly to the FA, if applicable, unless the FA has its own rules of procedure.
§ 26 Election of the FA
(1) At the SfVV up to 5 candidates* for the FA are elected. Candidates must be enrolled in the relevant subject at the time of the election. The election requires a majority of the members of the faculty present, otherwise § 8, section 5 applies accordingly.
(2) Candidates for the FA elected by the SfVV will be informed immediately by the chairman of the meeting to the chairmen of the FSR. The FSV meeting immediately elects the members of the FA from the candidates proposed to it with a simple majority of its statutory members. The SfVV has the sole right to propose FA members. The FA must be constituted at the latest one month after the candidates have been determined by the SfVV.
(3) The membership in the FA is incompatible with offices of the Executive Board of the FSV. Offices in the acting FA are not compatible with offices of the cash audit committee.
(4) If the FSV meeting elects less than 5 candidates in the FA (although 5 or more have been proposed), it has to discuss a reason. The justification shall be recorded in the minutes and shall be represented vis-à-vis the student body and the respective FSVV.
(5) The FA shall elect two chairpersons with equal rights by a simple majority of its members. The result of the election shall be announced to the FSV.
(6) FA members may resign at any time. However, they are obliged to continue the business until a successor has been elected.
§ 27 Tasks and Responsibilities of the FA
The chairpersons determine the guidelines for the work of the FA and are responsible for them. Within these guidelines, each committee member is responsible for his or her area of responsibility. The FA chairpersons are to present a report on the current status of the committee work at FSV meetings and SfVV meetings. They must also maintain contact with the FSV board.
C. Budgetary and economic management
§ Section 28 Principles and control of financial management
(1) Budgetary and economic management shall be governed by the student body’s statutes.
(2) The financial officers shall be responsible for the financial management of the student body. They shall keep proper accounts of all income and expenditure of the student body.
(3) The financial officers shall draw up a balanced budget before the beginning of the financial year and submit it to the FSV for approval at a meeting before the beginning of the financial year. The budget must be adopted by a simple majority at the FSIO meeting. The financial year begins on 1 October of each year.
(4) Purchases and expenditure exceeding a maximum amount of €50 shall be decided by the FSIO meeting by vote. Expenditure exceeding 100€ requires a calculation of expenditure and income when the decision is taken.
- Expenditure which is in excess of the budget or which is extraordinary shall not be authorised before the entry into force of a supplement to the budget providing for it unless it is irrefutable. They shall be immediately reported to the FSIO meeting. Supplements to the budget may only be submitted for the current financial year.
(6) The cash auditors of the FSV shall conduct an audit of the annual accounts. Independent of this, the cash is audited by the auditors at least once a year. The cash audit serves the purpose of determining whether, in particular
the actual cash balance corresponds to the target cash balance and the postings in the chronological order correspond to the postings in the order provided for in the budget.
You must keep a log of the cash audit, in which the cash and account balances are recorded.
(7) The signatures of one of the FSR chairpersons or one of the financial officers or the signature of the responsible officer after approval of the FSR chairperson or the financial officers are required for the financial obligation of the student body. The FSV meeting cannot decide on financially significant projects against the votes of the FSR chairpersons and financial officers. The FSIO meeting can decide on expenditures with the majority of the elected members, unless the chairmen of the FSR or the financial advisers vote against the majority.
D. Final Provisions
§ Article 29 Amendment of the Articles of Association
(1) These statutes may be amended by decision of the FSV meeting or the FSVV.
(2) This decision must be taken each time by at least 2/3 of the elected FSV members or by 2/3 of the FSVV members present. The regulation on extraordinary FSVV meetings is inapplicable (§ 10 par. 7). The amendment of the statutes has to be dealt with in at least 3 readings at 3 different FSV meetings to be valid.
(3) The agenda item “amendment of the statutes” must already be announced in the invitation to the respective FSV meeting or FSVV meeting. In the invitation the regulations to be changed must be explicitly stated. Furthermore, the letter of invitation must be accompanied by the wording of the proposed amendment of the Statutes.
(4) The statutes shall come into force with their publication in the AKUT.
Issued on the basis of the resolution of the student council of the Department of Geography RFWU Bonn on November 5, 2019.